We are masters of the unsaid words, but slaves of those we let slip out. ~Winston Churchill
1.11.2010
Drippy
Have you ever sat in a room for a purpose but felt far from achieveing it. That happened today. For close to two hours I was informed of procedures I will most likely never do, or assist in. The pictures were interesting but the words drifted slowly over my head and I didn't even make the attempt to grab at them. Others napped, some text, and some looked at other work. I got lost in my thoughts; "like why every morning I walk to the bus stop, get on and find a warm seat and than feel a big ball of liquid resting on the edge of my nostril waiting for the right time to achieve freedom." Generally I attempt to pull the runaway back with a powerful vacuum inhale... but to no sucess. I then check my pockets for a kleenex/napkin, which I have from my breakfast... but if I don't have it then it is to the back of my hand. (Gross... I can hear it now, but what else am I to do). I always wonder who has caught me sneaking a swipe at my nose. Usually by 30 minutes into my trip the drip has arrested and I am waiting to sardine myself onto the subway.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You're gross, yet, I'm not surprised by this little story....
ReplyDeleteIt's just clear liquid... no clumps or bumps... : )
ReplyDeleteYeah but I know you. It's not always clear liquid. I have been a witness to you balling one up with your fingers and just flicking it away...and not flicking away outside....in a mom's house!!!!
ReplyDeleteYea right on Man!! I like it. It kind of reminds me of when I was in the war and "little green snotzies were trying to get back at us. But thank goodness for the allies, and the world was not taken over by them
ReplyDeleteSometimes it is like war! They sneak up on my when I least expect it!!
ReplyDeleteThat comment was Dad...in case you were wondering.
ReplyDeleteThat was funny when I read it!!
ReplyDelete