We are masters of the unsaid words, but slaves of those we let slip out. ~Winston Churchill
1.18.2010
Please...!
This is my wife! She is sweet, innocent and my best friend. But there is a darker side to this woman and it came out one night while the family was about to sit down at the table.
Growing up, I never really had games night unless it was a special occasion like Christmas. In Angie's family game night are a regular tradition. They're times of eating, socializing and bonding. The only problem is I never get to bound with Ang! You maybe thinking... Why? Well, Ang has a strong feeling that she never wants to be my partner during games because I bring her down. I plead with her everytime we play games, but she looks at me with her puppy dog eyes and says, "I love you, but no." I walk to the washroom and cry for 20 minutes and return with the resolve to beat Angie in the game.
We have been married for almost 9 years and I have never been her partner during table games. Although this is my heartaches, I love her very much and would never trade her in for anything. I have found a great teammate, who I will call Can-Am. Can-Am and I have had a winning record since I was let go as a partner by my dear wife.
Although, we are partners and teammates in every other aspect of our life we just can't overcome the game playing teamwork.
I Love You Ang!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I Love it, Honey. But you did not tell the whole truth. We have been partners in canasta and it is for the marriage that it was not worth repeating being partners. And I am sure Can- Am and you are making a comeback after many, many, many years....because you are finally being to think alike. Lis and I have already spent many years perfecting that technique.
ReplyDeletehahahah One day we will unite to be the powerhouse like grandpa and grandma... One day! : )
ReplyDelete"bounding" sounds like you want something a lot more than games night can give....i think you meant "bonding"
ReplyDelete