“Brinkley is my dog. He loves the streets of New York as much as I do. Although he likes to eat bits of pizza and bagels off the sidewalk and I prefer to buy them.” ~ Joe Fox (You've Got Mail)
I was going to save this for tomorrow, but I am really excited about this, so there is no need to wait. The week of January 18th - 24th is going to be my Pizza Week.
Every time I think to eat out, I shop at the grocery store, or want to cook at home, I always lean towards pizza. The variety is outstanding... white dough, whole wheat dough, tomato sauce, ketchup sauce, ranch sauce, oil and basil, BBQ sauce, no sauce at all. Cheese... well the list is enormous. Toppings... Vegetable - red, yellow, orange, green peppers, tomatoes, onions, potato slices, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, green onions, mushrooms, and on and on and on. Meat - ground beef, salami, smookies, pepperoni, chicken, sardines, ham, tuna (Yuk), and then of course meat alternatives.
You get your carbs, fats, proteins, vitamins, minerals, and some liquid all combined into a beautiful pleasing circle of goodness. Pizza can be served cold or hot, for breakfast, lunch and dinner and for the diehard fans for snacks also.
My plan is that sometime this week I shall go shopping for ingredients and on Saturday I will prepare 3 large pizzas, bake them, cut them and package them for the week. I will need 28 pieces, each day will require 2 pieces for lunch and 2 pieces for dinner (Breakfast I will have my usual of bread and nutella). At the end of the 7 days I will decide how it went and maybe start another 7 day meal idea.
If you have any comments as too different combinations to try on pizza I would be very interested in hearing them because I don't want to just stick to the norms of Pineapple and Ham. Please remember that I am on a student budget so I can't do like Lobster and Steak.
Pizza for a week... I can't wait!
pesto sauce, feta cheese, grilled chicken, roasted red peppers, sun dried tomatos and spinach toppings...mmmmmm. are you doing pita pizzas or making dough? let me know how it goes!!
ReplyDeleteI am going to use whole wheat dough... spread it thin.
ReplyDeleteyou could also do dessert pizzas
ReplyDelete