We are masters of the unsaid words, but slaves of those we let slip out. ~Winston Churchill

1.10.2010

Sun on My Face

WOW... thoughts, thoughts, and thoughts! Picking, scrambling too many things to write, need to have some structure. I get a great thrill out of the idea that I can write and no one is marking it, telling me to change this, or change that. Write clearer, write with meaning, write an argument and please give 5 reasons why you believe it to be right.


That sun can cut through the coolest of days, warming the skin and the heart. The sky was blue but the air cut. Riding "The Rocket," has a different feel to it on the weekends. Maybe it's the fact that the weight of work, school, relationship, and duty isn’t riding the transit those days. People relaxed, as if their feet aren't touching the ground. There is more the sound of young children playing, talking, and asking random questions while the parent reads, looks out the window, or responds back with pleasure in their voice. In my situation I can view, observe as a fly on the wall... the only one I correspond with is myself and the one who made me. No music in my ears, just the murmurs and shuffle of the people around.

By yourself, people around, it is easy to get lost in your thoughts, down a street, in a store, and on the subway. The only one calling, "Don keep going, you should go do something," is Don. I could see how people would go crazy being alone, but with the support of Family and Friends the ground I walk stays firm.

The stone and brick building was the fullest I have seen it. An old pipe organ sores high above, two old large fire places on either side. Metal signs with names of ones that fought in WWI & WWII. Beautiful wood craftsmanship and seats that hover over clouds of green carpet. Sitting people from different backgrounds, different ideas and different voices. Learning of the one that called them there.

Time slipped by and timed ended pondering what to do; I purchased not one but two pizza rolls from "Cobs Breads." Having two puts my best friend beside me even though she is 4000km's away. The rolls were excellent as Bloor passed by... Police working the corners, lights were out.

Gap loomed calling to the card in my pocket.... not today Gap... I'm too picky to explore the racks. I strolled to the underworld and headed home... with an idea for simplicity I will explain no more.

1 comment:

  1. The Son shines on you and us and may the writings of your "blog" be a blessing to all that have no purpose in their life. I am most reminded of CS Lewis when I read these writings. He was a man that was recognized for well written thoughts. Be reminded that when Omnesimus returns to the land of milk and honey, he will be blessed beyond what he will hardly be able to handle.

    ReplyDelete