When life is crazy or just the normal day to day routine, I like to listen to classical music and drift away. It's not often I do this, but when it happens it is magical. My mind seems to get lost in the music. I pretend I am conducting, or jumping from note to note. I imagine I am watching the orchestra perform in a famous theatre. I'm dressed up, relaxing in the crowd, taking in the sights and the sounds. Beside me is the woman I married and we just are.
Lifes problems don't seem so big. The special moments seem to grow to the size of mountains. My spirit is overwhelmed and my mind is clear to dream, explore, and rest.
The music is like a drug. A drug that you reach for at the unexpected moments. I drug you have hidden in the medicine cabinet, forgotten about until one day it falls and hits you on the head. This happened just moments ago. I was watching a Youtube clip of a boy born blind and crippled. Despite this, at the age of two he was playing simple piano songs. Later he was playing "Clair de Lune" Clair de Lune ,as soon as my ears heard the first note my heart paused, my body relaxed, and my mind grew clear. Life stood still.
Why I have this overwhelming passion for classical, I am not sure. I didn't grow up listening to it, but it rests deep inside me and for the moments that it awakes I fall into it's path and get swept away.
I am a big fan of classical music myself. I grew up with it, and as a little girl and then a teenager, I used to tell my dad if he would ever turn his "crap" off, so I could listen to my own crap... Now, I listen to classical music several times a week, and I think it is the most beautiful music in the world. Same feeling of relaxation and heaven. It is nirvana in my ears, and my soul is just relaxed. Marie
ReplyDelete