My kids have a routine. Kaeden picks his nose and Livi tells him to stop. I remember driving home with them one day. We did some shopping and ate at Wendy's. On our ride home Kaeden asked why he still had Ketchup on his hand. I was shocked; we had eaten at Wendy's 2 hours before. After the amazement passed me, as to the strength of the ketchup to stay on skin and it's ability to flee detection, I realized that it wasn't Ketchup, but blood. I guess if he were mining for gold, he would have struck it rich. Livi quickly panic at the sight and I grabbed a napkin to pass to Kaeds.
Ang and I have been working on his obsession to pick, especially in public, but I must admit there is a great sense of pleasure picking ones nose. There are the hard small ones that come out, the soft white ones, and the ones that tug at your tonsils as you drag them from your nostrils. Yes, there is a problem of discarding the pretty item, but as you get older you become wiser. Like now I know not to pick in public, but there are times you try to get away with it. I was with family, which isn't really public, and I picked a handsome little devil. I quickly rolled the sucker up; getting him ready for his launch; Pulled my armed back and let'er fly down the stairs to the basement. I got caught, like North Korea getting caught by the USA, but the act turned into wonderful family laugher and competition. Others in my family started to pick and throw there bundles of joy down the stairs. Erv was extremely disgusted by this, but Ev was having a blast. She pulled out the longest and beat us all. Lisa and Ben actually picked eachothers nose to make it more romantic and than smeared them together as a picture of their love.
Growing up my Mom never purchased toilet paper or kleenex, so Krista and I had to be very creative. When Papa (Ken), entered our lives then sanity quickly followed. He atleast gave us one square of toilet paper to wipe with, and a kleenex that had to last a week. I always wondered, growing up, why my pocket always grew interesting things and why my one finger was always brown.
Anyways... picking our nose it a proud Cundiff trait that has been adopted by the Janzen family. Papa brought civilization and reform, without him I still would be using not toilet paper.
hahahahahhahahaha oh dear me....what happened to you?
ReplyDeleteBaldeagle here,
ReplyDeleteGross, Disgusting. I am no one of a lot of words, but today is different.
Absolutely Gross!! I need to meet Papa (Ken) and give my condolences to him. He tried, it worked, till you met that Janzen Family and the matriach who taught you to pick. You need to follow the example of that Erv character you wrote about. The Baldeagle has to agree with him.
Gross and I will leave it at that.
Gross! What branch of the Cundiff family did you come from?? Not mine.
ReplyDelete