It is easy to become complacent in life and focus only on yourself and the immediate issues around you.
I remember as a young boy always being very proud that I am a Canadian citizen. I was in Ireland for a High School Rugby trip and the billet I was staying with always referred to me as an American. I eventually became frustrated with him that I responded back calling him British.
He quickly shut up with his Mum saying, "you deserved it!"
It has been almost 7 years since Vancouver was given the Winter Olympics. It is easy to remember because our daughter was born on the same day.
For the last year I have been focused on accomplishing a task in Toronto and haven't felt any sort of excitement towards the games. I didn't really care about the flame and thought it funny that they were having snow shipped in to the local mountains around Vancouver.
But today I started to feel the pride for my country that I have always had, but got buried deep inside.
The beauty of our country is extreme and the people that make it up are diverse. I maybe alittle bias, but I especially love my home province of BC. From the rainy coast, to the desert inland. From the flat northern area, to the Rocky Mnts. I long to be back, knowing I only have 6 months left until I am finsihed.


very well said Don! I'm with you! I love our Canadian anthem! I seriously do! Best place on earth...
ReplyDeleteBald Eagle here,
ReplyDeleteDude, I am with you. I'm proud to be Canadian. We are so blessed to live in such an awesome country. I am especially blessed to call BC my home province and even more blessed to live in what I consider to be the best town in the province. I evenm feel blessed that we had so many good years being so close to Vancouver and all its surrounding beauty. Yes God is good and has given us places that we sure feel blessed with. You said it grand. I am PROUD TO BE CANADIAN!!