We are masters of the unsaid words, but slaves of those we let slip out. ~Winston Churchill

2.25.2010

To Support: The End is Coming

It is coming up on one year of me being in Toronto. I am 2/3 done my schooling and have only 6 more months to fight through. As I sit in my quiet house looking out at the passing train, and beautiful mountains I am over come with a great since of amazement and thanksgiving. Where do I start:

To God who arranges all things, and gives strength and encouragement. Who keeps me balanced and focused on the task at hand.
To Angie for being a great Mother, Wife, Lover, and Best Friend.
To my kids for their uncensored love, and ability to keep growing.
To both my parents and Angie's parents for their support in so many numerous ways. Prayers, Meals, Wheels, Financial, Care of our Kids, Shelter, Emotional Support, Encouraging Words, the list goes on.
To Lisa and Ben for capturing memories in pictures, and also for child care, emotional support, and great friendships.
To extended family and friends who have given encouraging words and understand through personal experience understand the challenges we face.
To all our friends that thougth we were crazy (I guess you have to have a little crazy in ya). For your prayers, encouraging words, and supportive friendships.
To Nihal and Shantha who allow me to live at their place and put up with my coming and going and living a bit like a recluse.
To our Church family for the prayers and support.
To my friends at school who make school a lot more enjoyable and fun.
To Air Canada and West Jet for getting me back and forth.
I am sure there are some I am forgetting and I applogize.

The end has not come yet, but is on it's way. I am one that likes to thrive off of the thoughts of other people as they think, "What are you doing?" I feed off of the doubt to make myself stronger. But without all the support mentioned above it would be a long and lonely road, and sometimes when you feel down, you need support to carry you.

THANK YOU!

2 comments:

  1. great post Don! even though one (incredibly lame loser)has described you as a superficial momma's boy, we all know the truth as you are one GREAT guy that loves his family and whose family loves him. You are missed very much when you aren't here and everyone who meets you loves you, so hang on tight to those great thoughts, friends and family because they are what matter most!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bald Eagle here,
    Good thoughts my friend. Well put together. Wondering if you could give me the name of that lame loser that Blogger Lisa comments about. Or better still I don't want to know who the Lame Loser is. Better for me not knowing losers, we have come to appreciate winners these past couple of weeks and my friend, I consider you a winner!!
    You are one fine Dad, Husband, friend, and neighbour. As Pastor Ben spoke about Omnesimus coming back as Useful, You are very Useful already. Thanks for positive words and encouraging thoughts.

    ReplyDelete