I felt like have a pity party today. But after much thought and consideration I decided against it.
This all arose from evaluations we had to preform on our fellow classmates as they presented information during our DHP 2 class. There is a line in evalutions that is hard to know where to cross or not cross. Do you just mark perfect to everyone, or do you write comments and mark how you feel fair by your own eyes and ears?
The problem is that the evaluations were not anonymous and they were actually handed back to the groups with the evaluators name written beside them. Myself and others were unaware of this information while doing the eval's. Under these guidelines it is clear to me that it would have been better for me to not be truthful and just mark everyone perfect. But the evaluations were handed back, comments were read, and I can not take those back. So from this I have decided not to have a pity party, because the past can not be changed. I will take it as a learning experience and move on.
Thinking back, I don't believe I wrote horrible comments but I do know that some people have taken the marks and comments very personal.
This situation has probably caused tension or fractures in a group of people that have worked fairy well together to help eachother out. I am not saying we are all best of friends, and hang out every weekend, but there is a understanding that we are all in this together and we need to work as a group.
I guess that the last sentence sums it up, "we are all in this together and we need to work as a group." So the next time there is a peer evaluation in a class. I have decided I will mark all of them perfect and not have to deal with a situation like this again.
Hey Dude, The Baldeagle here, I need to speak from the voice of experience and one who is under the scrutiny of highers up at all times. You my friend did the right thing. Evaluations are to be accurate and not some "to make some feel good" type of thing. If the ones that took it personal, so be it. It shows lack of maturity. For you my friend, Rise above and Soar as the Baldeagle Soars! High and Strong as no other. You did it right!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Erv!!! Ya, I have been thinking about ti alot and don't feel bad about it. I think I would do the same thing again. I talked to my instructor about it too, and recieved the same advice. Thanks for the great words!
ReplyDelete