We are masters of the unsaid words, but slaves of those we let slip out. ~Winston Churchill

5.09.2010

Happy Mother's Day from Ontario

I was trying to think of all the crazy Mother stories I have but instead decided to just write something pleasant and nice.

When I was a kid I always let my Mom sleep in. On Mother's Day I would make her pancakes and bacon, vacuum the house, and clean the bathroom. In the evening I would make a nice dinner of grilled chees sandwich, and then let her knit. I remeber the one year, we invited Mom out for Mother's Day brunch. Ev couldn't make it because she was sick. The food was super, but Mom didn't show up. Her and Papa decided to drive through the parking lot and leave. I guess they wanted to go and make out in a parking lot over looking the lake! : )
My Mom has pretty much everything... maybe next year I will get her another dog.

With Angie this is our seven year that she is classified as a Mom. I remember the one year I didn't do anything for her because I was under the idea that we didn't have much to spend on gifts for these days. I was wrong. I remember that night being enlighten to the understanding of feeling noticed, and appreciated. I never forgot that. So I always allow Ang to sleep in, while I sit with the kids, make breakfast, and give Angie a great massage to let her know I care.
Now the kids make the wonderful gifts and let Angie know how much they appreciate her. Maybe next year I can buy Ang another Willow Tree.

This is one day when I would not let my fear of Ev get the best of me. Lisa, Ben, Angie, and I always let Ev sleep in and relax. We plan a nice brunch or dinner, with the help of Erv, and let Ev do the dishes. She says it allows her to feel like she is still a Mother. On this day Ev doesn't get teased or bugged. The girls generally give her a mushy card and a lovely gift to the spa. This year I believe it would have been an amazing gift to get her a eye patch that had been Bejeweled. I think Ev would have dug that!!

This is Mother's day and I dearly wish I were there to celebrate the day with all of you. I hope you all enjoyed the day and were able to relax and enjoy the families!!

P.S. Some aspects of these stories may not be real!!

3 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHA. Love it honey bunny. Thanks for all you do to make me a cherished mom. ang

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh for another wonderful one of your breakfasts in bed, ha! ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahahahaha....that was so sweet and well written. you really do too much for the "mom's" in your life...do they know how lucky they are to have you? i hope you get appreciated in return on father's day because we know how much you deserve it.

    ReplyDelete