We are masters of the unsaid words, but slaves of those we let slip out. ~Winston Churchill

5.23.2010

Puncture my Food, I'm going Riding.

Today. A beautiful sunny day. Hot Hot Hot. I woke up early to grab a bite and got my stuff ready for the ride. I chose to go riding instead of church. I felt energetic and left the house around 8am. The night before I fixed my rear tire with the only good tire tube I had left and kept the old one as back up, incase I got a flat and needed to limp my bike home. I was almost to the meeting place and sure enough I hit something and heard that wonderful noise of air whistling out of my back tire. I pulled off the road, changed the tube and put in the old one. I new at this point that my nice long 100km ride was over before it fully began. On my way back my back end swung around because of the lack of air the tube would hold. I was almost home when the hole in that tube became wider and all the air came out of that one. I carefully rode my bike the rest of the way so that I wouldn't damage my rim. I decided it was time to buy new tires and tubes. The tubes because I had nothing left and the tires because my old ones couldn't hold up to driving over anything without getting a puncture. Luckily MEC has fairly good stuff at a economical price. The funny thing is I decided to pick my bike over my food for this week. I looked at what I have and believed I will be able to ration it for the week. I guess it is called the student/bike diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment