Not having a full time job can be frustrating but also a blessing.
Today I worked on each of my cover letters for the individual dental offices I will be going to tomorrow and than I got the joy of picking up my daughter from school. Kaeden went to his friends house to play Wii so I thought I would have a father-daughter afternoon. But when I arrived at school Livi asked if she could bring her long time friend over. I was not hurt or jealous with Livi wanting a friend over because I knew that I would still be able to interact and be part of the girls afternoon.
Once we arrived home Livi was excited for the chance to have a tea party and picnic in the middle of our living room. The girls engaged in rounding up our cat Notch and proceeding to treat him like their very own baby. He was wrapped in a blanket and placed nicely into the stroller. Livi laid out the blanket and tea set and I boiled the water and prepared the tea. Today we served up Rasberry Tea sweetened with all natural honey. I couldn't let them just have tea alone so I whipped up some Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies (http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/chewy-chocolate-chip-oatmeal-cookies/Detail.aspx) to snack on.
After observing the girls torture the cat and enjoy their tea, they ended up moving the party to the garage and I got down to Man's Work! I finished baking the cookies, washed the dishes, and started to prepare supper for my beautiful wife who got to talk to adults all day and play with dental instruments in people's mouths!
No comments:
Post a Comment