We are masters of the unsaid words, but slaves of those we let slip out. ~Winston Churchill

12.02.2011

The next Adventure Movie

The adventure began as any other adventure.
 It was a dark winter morning, the fuzzy sound of an out of tune radio crackled with the news of an economic up turn.
Swinging myself to the edge of the bed, I flicked the switch of the alarm and reassured myself that the economy is not improving.

Crawling out of bed I searched for my glasses, threw on a shirt, and strolled to the bathroom to expell the liquid of yesterday. My body was happy.

Next stop was downstairs. Here is where the adventure really takes flight. I but on my Livestrong shoes and ran on the treadmill for 30 minutes. To take my mind off of the monotony of running in one spot, it zoned out to the strange reality of Mike and Sully trying to get a human girl back to her room, only to find out that they had found the new nuclear energy of the 21st Century... Laughter!

After sweating out more of yeaterday's liquid, I walked up stairs and washed my body like an "Old Spice" commercial and than dressed myself like an episode of "The Dr.'s."

Putting on my coat and shoes, I hopped into my automobile for a highspeed chase to work. At an exciting 100kms I cruised down the #1, out running no one, but... well no one at all.
Work brought 7 mini adventures, all consisting of me battling bad breath and the evil world of plaque and gingivitis. If there was a sound track, it would have been, "Welcome to the Jungle," by Guns and Roses.

After work I cleaned up from my adventerous day and drove home.

No one got kidnapped, I didn't rob a bank, or save the world from terrerism. No meteor came crashing down, and my kids didn't come up with the cure for cancer. I had a day just like any other day and still as I type this I remain dressed in my work clothes of adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment